HOLLYWOOD -- The thermometer might say otherwise, but, alas, another summer holiday has just about come and gone.
Think you're up on all the accompanying fun-in-the-sun celeb activities -- the good, the bad and the ugly?
Then drop that tube of sun block, pick up a pencil and try your hand at How They Spent Their Summer Vacay: 2012 Edition.
1. Honest Ossifer: All of the following had a little run-in with the law over the past few months regarding driving under the influence, with one exception. Who spent the Summer of '12 DUI-free?
(a) Matthew Fox
(b) Amanda Bynes
(c) Porn star Jenna Jameson
(d) Naked Randy Travis
(e) Rick Springfield
(f) Celebrity chef Cat Cora
2. Expendables but not Expandable: The testosterone-charged cast of The Expendables had more in common than just clenched fists. Who among the movie's tough guy stars have had some sort of cosmetic surgery?
(a) Sylvester Stallone
(b) Arnold Schwarzenegger
(c) Chuck Norris
(d) Dolph Lundgren
(e) Bruce Willis
(f) All of the above
3. You're Fired! Who among the following did not lose a TV gig over the summer as the result of alleged bad behaviour?
(a) Fred Willard
(b) Ann Curry
(c) Chad (Ochocinco) Johnson
4. Ripe Old Ages: The long, hot summer saw the passing of a number of celebrated folks who lived notably long lives. Rank the following in order from oldest to youngest at the time of their deaths.
(a) Ernest Borgnine
(b) Helen Gurley Brown
(c) Phyllis Diller
(d) Celeste Holm
5. Smells Like a Hit: Match the following songstresses with their latest fragrances:
(1) Britney Spears
(2) Lady Gaga
(3) Nicki Minaj
(5) Taylor Swift
(a) Pink Friday
(b) Wonderstruck Enchanted
(d) Fantasy Twist
AND NOW, THE ANSWERS
1: (e) Technically they've all been charged with DUI, but Springfield's infraction took place back in 2011.
2: (f) Yep, despite what Ahnuld might have you believe, they've all had some type of cosmetic procedure.
3: (b) Unlike Willard and Ochocinco, Curry's Today Show ouster wasn't connected to being arrested for either lewd conduct or domestic violence.
4: (a) (d) (c) (b). This one was tricky, since, while longtime Cosmo editor Brown died at age 90, the other three all hit 95 -- with Borgnine the eldest at almost 951/2 and Diller the baby of the trio, departing a month after her 95th birthday.
5: 1 (d), 2 (e), 3 (a), 4 (c), 5 (b). Wonder what you'd get if you mixed 'em all together?
Michael Rechtshaffen is a Canadian entertainment writer based in Los Angeles.