Michael Jackson's creepy Thriller video has been voted the most influential promo in the history of pop music.
The 14-minute clip for the singer's hit 1983 track, long credited with merging music with filmmaking, scored 15.2 per cent of the votes in the poll, conducted by social networking site MySpace.com.
Thriller saw off competition from OK Go's homemade video for their song Here It Goes Again, which became a viral hit in 2006 as fans logged online to see the group dancing on treadmills.
Britney Spears' music video for her debut single ...Baby One More Time was voted third, while A-Ha's Take On Me and Johnny Cash's Hurt rounded out the top five.
The top 10 influential pop music videos are as follows:
10. Sabotage - Beastie Boys
9. Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel
8. Weapon of Choice - Fatboy Slim
7. Around the World - Daft Punk
6. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
5. Hurt - Johnny Cash
4. Take On Me - A-Ha
3. ...Baby One More Time - Britney Spears
2. Here It Goes Again - OK Go
1. Thriller - Michael Jackson