Here’s proof Canadians couldn’t get enough of Miley Cyrus in 2013.
YouTube Canada released its year-end tally of the country’s most popular music videos on Wednesday – and the twerking pop star’s “Wrecking Ball” came in at the top spot. The video currently has nearly 400 million views worldwide.
Cyrus was the only artist to appear twice on the list. Her video for “We Can’t Stop” is also the third most-viewed.
Robin Thicke, Cyrus’ VMA stage partner, made the list with his song of the summer “Blurred Lines” and Korean pop star Psy, thought to be a one-hit wonder after “Gangnam Style” fizzled out last year, made an impressive comeback with “Gentleman” in the second spot.
Rihanna, P!nk, Katy Perry, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Selena Gomez and the lone Canadian Drake also made the list.
Here’s the full list:
1. Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball
2. Psy - Gentleman
3. Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop
4. Robin Thicke (feauring T.I. and Pharell) - Blurred Lines
5. Rihanna (featuring Mikky Ekko) - Stay
6. P!nk (featuring Nate Reuss) - Just Give Me A Reason
7. Katy Perry - Roar
8. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (featuring Ray Dalton) - Can’t Hold Us
9. Drake - Started From the Bottom
10. Selena Gomez - Come & Get It