Former Lostprophets frontman Ian Watkins has been jailed for 35 years for a string of sickening sex offences including the attempted rape of a baby.
The 36-year-old star trembled as he was sentenced at Cardiff Crown Court in Wales on Wednesday for abusing the children of two female fans.
The judge, Mr Justice Royce, told Watkins he had carried out "sickening and incomprehensible" child abuse in a case that "broke new ground".
Last month, Watkins pleaded guilty to 13 sex offences, including abusing a child aged under 13, conspiring to sexually assault a child under the age of 13, possessing an indecent photograph of a child, and taking indecent photographs of children.
He also admitted two counts of attempting to rape a baby, and possessing an extreme pornographic image involving a sex act on an animal.
The court heard that after pleading guilty, Watkins made a shameful phone call from prison, joking about the case and insisting his offences had been blown out of proportion.
In the call, Watkins was recorded saying, "It was mega lols (funny). I don't know what everyone is getting freaked out about."
Two female co-defendants, aged 21 and 24, the mothers of his victims, who cannot be named for legal reasons, also admitted a number of offences and were jailed for 17 years and 14 years respectively.
Jailing the trio, Mr Justice Royce added, "What you three did plunged new depths of depravity."
The rocker's lawyer, Sally O'Neill, QC, told the court Watkins became addicted to drugs in 2009 and has no memory of the sex assaults.
She said, "He has certainly expressed a wish to resolve the problems he has had as far as drink and drugs are concerned but also he has acknowledged that he has got himself into this current situation and he is ashamed and appalled by what has happened.
"He is deeply ashamed and sorry for what he has put others through, including his family and those who know him and still support him."
It has since emerged that police are probing more possible child sex offences committed by Watkins in both the U.S. and Germany.
Detective Chief Inspector Peter Doyle, of South Wales Police, told the BBC he is "sure" Watkins is responsible for more sex attacks, adding, "The inquiries currently being conducted in Germany and the United States lead me to believe that there are further victims in those countries. At this juncture my belief is that they are child victims."
Lostprophets split a month before Watkins was due to go on trial in November.